Please note that corsets may take up to 5 weeks to be delivered as all corsets except for black styles are made to order. Black corsets can take up to 2 weeks to be delivered.
* Gentle wasp-waisted corset to give you a defined 1950s silhouette, ideal as waist training corset
* Please deduct 3-4 inches/8-10 cm from your waist to determine your Mae corset size
* Cotton twill lining and internal waist tape and modesty panel
* Steel busk front opening with a combination of 12 flat and spiral steel bones
* Each corset is made by hand by one corsetier from start to finish
* Specialist dry clean
Steel boned underbust corset with gored hips, and ideal starter corset for a wasp waist: the ideal shape of the 1950s.
Mae gently compresses the ribcage and waist leaving the hips unrestricted. Our Mae corset is cut straight at the top and bottom to hug the body and give a very smooth line under clothing.
Mae is great for if you have a modern figure (less than 10 inches/25 cm between your waist and hips). If you do have a modern 'straight up and down' figure it will accentuate your hips, resulting in a more 1950s vintage silhouette.
If you are an experienced corset wearer or have a vintage figure (a difference of more than 10 inches/25 cm between your waist and hips) then why not take a look at our Extreme Mae Corset?
The sizes below are reduced waist sizes (ie, the corset size when it is closed). You will need to deduct 3-4 inches/8-10 cm from your waist to determine your corset size.
These corsets are designed to work hard and reduce your waist by up to 4 inches/10 cm. Please deduct 3-4 inches/8-10 cm from your normal waist measurement to work out your corset size: a natural waist of 28 inches/71 cm will give a corset size of 24 inches/61 cm, whilst a natural waist size of 29 inches/74 cm will give a corset size of 26 inches/66 cm.
Designed to suit most body shapes.
* length along front busk 11.5"/29 cm
* underbust to hip 11.25"/28.5 cm
* length from underarm to waist 4.75"/12 cm
* length from waist to bottom 6.5"/16.5 cm
To fit ribcage (5" up from waist) and hip (5" down from waist). Measurements when completely closed.
Mae 18"/46 cm, ribcage-24"/61 cm, hip-28"/71 cm
Mae 20"/51 cm, ribcage-26"/66 cm, hip-29.5"/75 cm
Mae 22"/56 cm, ribcage-28"/71 cm, hip-31"/89 cm
Mae 24"/61 cm, ribcage-30/76 cm", hip-33"/84 cm
Mae 26"/66 cm, ribcage-31"/79 cm, hip-34.5"/88 cm
Mae 28"/71 cm, ribcage-33"/84 cm, hip-36.5"/93 cm
Mae 30"/76 cm, ribcage-35"/89 cm, hip-38.5"/98 cm
Mae 32"81 cm, ribcage-37"/94 cm, hip-40.5"/103 cm